Sunday, January 29, 2012

Savory Sunday {3}

Pin It I love starting off my mornings with my sweet baby boy. He has started sleeping 12 hours through the night now. We put him to bed at about 7 and then hes up at about 7 the next morning. Its amazing. I had kinda forgotten what sleep was like. But I love to go in his room in the morning while hes just talking away in his crib, and then peek over the side. When he finally sees me I get a huge smile out of him. *Melt*

So once I had him situated this morning, I started getting some breakfast ready. I tried Paula Deans Gorilla Bread Recipe. *Delish*


What You'll Need:
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar

  • 3 teaspoons cinnamon

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

  • 1 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese

  • 2 (12-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count)

  • 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts


  • Alrighty. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Press out the biscuits with your fingers and then sprinkle the mixture over the biscuits.


    Next melt your butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat, stirring often, and then set aside. Next the recipe calls for cutting the cream cheese into 20 cubes, which I did, but after we ate it I felt like it could have used a little less cream cheese in the middle of the biscuits. So I would recommend cutting very small cubes of cream cheese to put into the middle, instead of 20 big equal pieces.



    Once you have the desired amount of cream cheese cut and in the middle of the biscuit, pinch up the sides.


    Now sprinkle the bottom of the pan with a 1/2 cup of the nuts. I don't care for nuts so I didn't use any in mine. Then place half the biscuits on top of the nuts on the bottom. Sprinkle the biscuits with cinnamon sugar and then pour half of the melted butter mixture over the biscuits.




    Repeat the layers.
    Once you have it all in there, pop it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Once they're done, place them on a plate and invert.

    Doneskies!




    It was reaaaaallllyyy good. But, like I said, I would definitely add less cream cheese in the middle next time.

    And of course, what Sunday breakfast is complete without......



    Mimosas!! Oh yeaaah.

    I hope you try this, and let me know how it is! Enjoy the rest of your Savory Sunday!


    Pin It

    3 comments:

    Darcie (My Modern Country) said...

    Oh my gosh...to die for!!! I am putting this on my list for next weekend-my husband will love me (and you) for it ;)

    jubilee said...

    I've done a version of this without the cream cheese, called monkey bread. This sounds much yummier!

    (Is "yummier" a word?)

    Unknown said...

    Thanks for linking up Mrs. Crafty Pants {LOL- Love it}! I'm your newest follower...I'd love for you to share the 'love' when you visit next!!! XO, Aimee

    PS This recipe looks great too! I'm excited to try your towel idea!!!