Friday, February 3, 2012

Savory Sunday {4}... Wait, its Friday?!

Pin It Savory Sunday? But its Friday. Don't you mean Crafty Pants Friday?

No, I'm not confused. I figured since this Sunday is the Super Bowl, I would do some recipes today, and I will save my Crafty Pants Friday craft for Sunday. Can you deal? Okay good. Cause Ive got some good stuff.

First off, Ive got a healthy (gasp! healthy on super bowl Sunday?) but seriously delicious chili recipe for you from weight watchers. Its incredibly easy and really filling. The spices are juuuust right.



You will need:
1 lb ground sirloin
2 tspns olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 stocks celery chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbspn chili powder
2 tspn ground cumin
1 tspn dried oregano
2 bay leaves
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn red or cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup beef broth
8 oz tomato sauce (canned)
30 oz canned beans (all types, optional)

Ok lets get started. First you will need to brown the grown beef. I just do everything in my big stock pot. Once its cooked, set it aside on a plate. Add the oil to the pot, and then saute the onion and celery for a few minutes. Once they are heated through and still crunchy, add the beef back in. Now you will add in all your spices and stir to coat.



I let this cook for just another minute or two, and then I start adding the tomatoes, beef broth, and tomato sauce.
Once that is all combined, stir and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and let it simmer on low for about thirty minutes. I've let mine simmer for an hour or more and its just fine.

You can also very easily double this recipe to serve more, which Ive done as well.

Now you're ready to enjoy! I also add a little cheese on top, and depending on how much you use, it may not even add an extra point!



Yes. You will love this.
Here are a few other easy finger foods to get your mouth watering... Are you sure you can make it til Sunday?

You can find how I made these here.

How delicious does this dessert look? Check it out here or on my Simply Sweet Board.




How about these healthier yet delicious looking Apple Nachos? Yum. You can find the recipe here.




Ooooorrrr Skinny Taco Dip anyone?? Recipe here.





And how about these adorable Football Cupcakes which you can find here.



Alright, now that you officially need a drop cloth or a drool bucket, we're done here.

I'm pretty excited to make some of these things this weekend and I'm even more excited to show you my craft on Sunday. Cause its cute.

Let me know if you try any of these things and how they turn out!

Pin It

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh my, how yummy eveything looks. I will be back to check out more recipes. :)

Tisha Clapp said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Oh my...mouth watering! Thanks for linking up to Cowgirl Up!

♥Linsey

Amanda Dale said...

I feel fatter just looking at the pics in this post! Thanks for linking up at Cowgirl Up! Hope to see you next week!
Thanks,
Amanda

Six Sisters said...

Mmmm, this sounds great! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you and hope to see you back next week with more great ideas! - The Sisters

amy and jesse hudson said...

These are all so creative and look just fabulous! I'd love for you to consider linking this up to my "Drab to Fab" party going on right now at my blog. We celebrate turning the ordinary into extraordinary using a little creativity. You embodied that theme in this post, so come on over and share!
http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/02/drab-to-fab-link-up-5-features.html

Have a great weekend!

Amy

Unknown said...

Everything looks delicious! Glad I found you via TT&J.
Kristen @ Titus 2 Work in Progress