Sunday, February 12, 2012

Savory Sunday {5}

Pin It Another day another meatball... Isn't that the saying?



Sooo its Sunday. How do you guys spend your Sundays? I discovered a trade days flea market a few weeks ago, and Ive been wanting to go so bad, but its been too cold so no one goes out there. Bummer. Probably just as well though. I don't exactly have the room or the resources for a lot of things right now. We're still recovering from the holidays, plus work always slows down in January. Something about people not having any money left after the holidays... But it always picks back up in February because of good ol V-Day. Plus our tax return comes at the end of this month. Woot!

I love lazy Sundays. My husband works so its just me and the kiddo and two four legged creatures. They all provide me with lots of entertainment. The best is when I'm feeding Grayson some carrots or pears, and the dogs are standing around the table licking up everything that Grayson dribbles out. *Classic*

Annnyyywaaaayyss...

I made spaghetti and meatballs! Its the first time I ever made meatballs, and to my delight, they turned out great. I found this meatball recipe here, and I adapted it a little because I made way less than she did.

Here is what you will need:

2 pounds of ground sirloin
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
1 tbl spn of garlic powder
1 tbl spn of onion powder
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
1 cup of bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 1/2 jars of your favorite marinara sauce

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and then in a large bowl, put the ground beef, eggs, all seasonings, parmesan and bread crumbs together.


Now stir it up right and nice. Of course, you could always use your hands... I used a spoon. Once its all mixed up together, its time to form the meat balls. Now I did have to get my hands dirty for this because I don't own an ice cream scooper unfortunately. I will be investing in one immediately.

Grease up a baking dish, and place the meatballs in it.



They look pretty good for free handin it right?! I know. Now pop them in the oven for 30 minutes. While they're cookin up in there, get your crock pot out and put a handy dandy liner in it. If you don't have crock pot liners... Shame on you. Go get some. You will thank me later.

When they come out of the oven they will look something like this:


Kinda greasy and gross right? But that's ok.

Now you're going to pour some of that spaghetti sauce into the bottom of the crock pot. About half a jar.


Now use a slotted spoon to dip the meatballs out of the pan and into the crock pot. It will help drain all that fat off the meat balls.

Cover the the meatballs with the rest of the sauce.


See that liner? When its all done cooking, I get to throw the mess away. You don't have a liner? You'll be cleaning that mess up. Ha.

I let the meatballs finish cooking in the sauce on high for four hours. The best part is that while they're cooking, a couple of the meatballs will be break down, adding some meat to the sauce. Once the meatballs are almost done cooking, cook up your pasta, and I also made some garlic cheesy bread...


That's a post for another day...

Once its all done... Its time to enjoy!



Easy and quick recipe. Cant go wrong there. I hope that you try this and like it!!

One of the parties I'm linking up to: http://theivycottageblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/cowgirl-up-week-2.html

Now go and enjoy the rest of your lazy Sunday!

Pin It

6 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

we had a super lazy sunday...I baked (too much - oh valentines day!). I was going to make spaghetti for dinner and did not...maybe tomorrow...with some meatballs!

Anonymous said...

Your meatballs look great! I made some the other day that had a chunk of mozzerella in the center and they were really good too. I think next time I'll try your recipe.

Amanda Dale said...

Yum! Thanks so much for linking up at Cowgirl Up! Hope to see you next week!
Thanks,
Amanda @ The Ivy Cottage Blog
www.theivycottageblog.blogspot.com

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Mmmmmm, two of my favorite comfort foods. Thanks for the meatball recipe. Don't think I've tried this one.

Tina said...

Those look really good! This sounds like the perfect meatball that I am looking for.

http://www.thejohnslife.com/BabycakesBlog/

Six Sisters said...

Everything looks delicious!! Thanks for joining us on our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you come back next Saturday. We would love to have you share more wonderful ideas and recipes! -The Sisters