Friday, March 16, 2012

Crafty Pants Friday {9} Moss Bunny and Egg Wreath Tutorial

Pin It Are you a big Easter decorator? This is the first time that I've ever decorated for it. I don't usually care for all the pastels, but I found a way to make it work for me this year. And after I saw this at Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss, I knew exactly what I wanted to cover in moss.





A bunny! Now, there is a little story I have to tell you. When my sister and I were younger, we used to watch the show, Veggie Tales, some times. Well, there was this one episode in which there was some kind of factory involved that made chocolate bunny's. And there was this song... We thought it was hilarious. And the only line that we can remember is: "The bunny, the bunny, hey hey I love the bunny. I don't love my mom or my dad, just the bunny." Do you see where I'm going with this?

Yes, I sang this little line to myself over and over while I was making this. It's still hilarious.
*Anyway*

Here is what I gathered:
Cardboard
A stick
Hot glue gun and glue
Moss
Eggs
Spanish Moss
Floral foam
Foam Brush
Pink and blue spray paint
Brown craft paint
Exacto Knife
and a Basket

First you will need to find a picture to print off of a bunny to use as a template. Trace it onto the cardboard and cut it out with an exacto knife.





Once that's cut out you can glue the moss to the front and the stick to the back of the cut out. I used a stick that I picked up while I was outside walking my dogs. And yes, I got a weird look from a neighbor. Whatev.



Now you're going to place the spanish moss into your basket and then hide the floral foam disc in the spanish moss.



Once the hot glue on the back of the bunny cut out is dry, stick it into the foam. Now that part is done, its time to paint the eggs. I used Krylon spray paint for my eggs.





I also painted three other eggs with some brown craft paint with my foam brush. Once the eggs are dry, arrange them in the basket the way you want.





Did you notice the basket I'm using? I love this. I found this at my local antique mall, and I had to have it. It's pretty big so I didn't really know what I was going to do with it, but for now its serving as my Easter/Spring display.



Isn't it perrtty? Yes. It is.

Now for the Egg Wreath... Yes I know this post is reaching the point of epic, but it's almost over.



Dontchya love it?! Cause I do. I didn't really take any pics of how I did it because its basically however you want to do it.





I used burlap jute ribbon, lace ribbon, and pink painted eggs to decorate it. I just wrapped the ribbons around the wreath, and glued as I went. Then I glued the eggs on how I wanted, and voila! Doneskies!

These were both really simple, and I love the way they look! I hope you enjoyed these!

Until Next Time....
            Katie Pin It

1 comment:

Julie said...

Very cute!! Love it!