Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Death in the Family

Pin It Hello, all. Unfortunately I have had something very sad happen in my family. My 89 year old grandmother passed away on Monday night.




We were all very close with her, and this news was very devastating. She was such a lovely person, and had such a beautiful spirit. She always loved unconditionally, and always wanted everyone to live their life the way they wanted, and to do what made them happiest. She was always the one who was your biggest fan, and made sure that you knew she was in your corner. She was also one of the funniest people I knew, and frequently had an attitude of 'Screw 'Em'! I loved this about her. Do what makes you happy, and who cares what the rest think.

Her funeral is this Saturday, and we are making the trip down to Houston on Thursday. I will be taking some time away for the rest of the week, and possibly into next week. I will announce the five winners of the Liebster award next Saturday.

Thank you for your understanding at this time.

XO,
 Katie Pin It

2 comments:

Amanda @ Raising Miss Mommy said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother, thoughts and prayers with you.

Susan Shull said...

Katie, I am so sorry that you have lost your grandmother. I know how hard that is. Hugs.