Monday, May 7, 2012

Movin It Monday {12} Staying Motivated

Pin It Well Hellloooooo! Happy Movin It Monday! Have you been out there shankin it yet?! I haven't gotten to my workout for today yet, but I will tonight! I don't usually like to miss working out in the morning because when the evening rolls around the last thing I wanna do is sweat it out. But my dad hasn't been feeling well and I've been taking him to the doctor. And by the time I get home from runnin around, it's pretty much time for me to go to work!



So last week wasn't great. I couldn't get my head on straight. AGAIN. Humph. I don't know what it is. I want so badly to figure it out and just DO IT (no I'm not a spokesperson for Nike), but my mind is just blocking me. But I thought of something that might help me.

Usually the problem that I have is that I will be out and about, and I'll get hungry. Or I'll be with someone and they say, Lets stop and get something to eat... My biggest down fall. I just don't have the willpower to say no. I love food. And I love to eat.

So I needed something that would help me in a weak moment. Something that I could look at, that would remind me of why I want to get healthy and lose weight. And some times just repeating those reasons in my head isn't enough.

So here's what I came up with:


I took an old picture of myself that I really liked to remind myself of what I want to get back to. Then I edited on top of it and wrote out all the reasons I want to lose weight and be healthy. Then I put it on my phone in an album, so that way when I'm out and about, I have a quick and easy way to help get me through that weak moment. I can look at this and remember what I'm working toward.

Because lets face it: Staying motivated is hard. It just is. We all need something to remind us exactly why we're passing up that giant margarita, or why we cant have a piece of that coworkers birthday cake.

So what do you do to keep yourself motivated? Any tips or tricks to share?

Until Next Time.....
              {Katie}

Linking Up Here:
Monday:
Tuesday:


















blah2beautiful



A Diamond in the Stuff











Wednesday:














































 


Thursday:

shabby creek cottage


 
Friday:
 



Tickled Pink at 504 Main








One Artsy Mama


See Vanessa Craft



The Shabby Nest















http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday



Saturday:











Positively Splendid















Sunday


The Girl Creative


Pin It

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a creative motivator! Angie

Becca @ The Sassy Penguin said...

Love this motivation!

I'm in the process of losing weight, I'm down 33 lbs so far- have a long way to go. Maybe when I lose enough I'll blog about it :)

There really is no official form of motivation I use, I just have to do it, no excuses. I don't work for Nike either. haha.

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

What a great idea! I need some motivation too! It's time to get back into my shorts for summer. I have a little ways to go still.

Thanks for the idea!
--Katie