Wednesday, September 19, 2012

15 Tricks to Treat Your Halloween, High Heels & Grills

Pin It Hey folks! I'm Sarah and I blog with my husband, Zachary, over at High Heels and Grills - a place where we like to share with you our favorite eats and recipes! It's truly an honor to be here on Katie's blog today and to be a part of her Halloween series. Isn't it just the cutest idea ever?? I hope you've been inspired by all of these wonderful ideas so far!

I have very few memories of Halloween when I was really little. I remember one year I was a cat and I felt like I was the coolest cat in the world. Another year I was a ninja and I went around karate chopping people. I may or may not have made one girl cry, but that's beside the point. I think my most vivid memory though, is helping my mom put together treats to take to my classmates. My favorite one was her popcorn/candy corn goodie bags - they're just spooky enough to be classified as a Halloween treat, but I guarantee that any child will think they're the greatest idea ever.




They're so simple that they really don't need a "recipe", but I'm going to give it to you anyway. Just in case you need help deciphering the ingredients from the picture. ;)

Ingredients:
  • 5 plastic gloves {I searched everywhere for these gloves and people kept leading me to latex and vinyl ones. You don't want those. Go to Subway and they'll give you a bunch of these for free.}
  • 25 candy corn pieces
  • 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped
  • 5 twisty ties

Directions:
  1. Open your glove and place one candy corn piece in each finger to make the fingernails. {Make sure the tip is pointing downward.}
  2. Stuff the rest of the glove with popcorn.
  3. Tie off with a twisty tie and you're all set!

See how easy that was? And yet, kids love them! Win-win. Hooray!

Thank you again Katie for letting me be a part of this. I had a blast being here and can't wait to see what other projects are up next! For more inside scoop on High Heels and Grills, be sure to follow me on Pinterest and like us on Facebook! Happy {soon-to-be} Halloween friends!

-Sarah

Isn't that just an awesome and creative idea?! Love it! And Sarah is super duper sweet. We are on our way to becoming great bloggy friends! Make sure you stop by and check out all her amazing recipes. Thanks Sarah!
 
Photobucket Pin It

No comments: