Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cheese Grater Pumpkins {Tutorial}

Pin It
Hello everyone! How goes the fall and Halloween decorating? Are you in the thick of it, or just getting started? I love decorating for fall and Halloween, and this year I was trying to come up with something different that I haven't seen before... Enter my Cheese Grater Pumpkins. I posted those a week ago or so, and I've had lots of questions on how I did them. So here is the tutorial! Yay!



What You'll Need For These:
Three Metal Cheese Graters
Dremel Tool (With metal cutting bit)
Orange Spray Paint
Brown Spray Paint
Sand Paper
Green Fabric of Choice
E6000 Glue
Blue Painters Tape
Small Glass Votive Candles

Ok, so the first thing you need to do is to get yourself some cheese graters. I picked mine up at the Dollar Tree. And I know Wal-Mart also carries the metal cheese graters. If you want to have your cheese graters at varying heights, you'll need to cut them. I had my hubzy use his dremel to cut the bottom off one of the cheese graters. Then I filed it down a tad so that it wasn't so sharp.

Now, you can glue the cut off bottom to one of the other cheese graters, to give it a little height. It should fit perfectly right inside the cheese grater, and wont need much glue. Just a few dabs in the corners should do it. {I don't have a picture of this for some reason}

Once the glue is dry, you're ready to start working on them. I took the brown spray paint and gave all the cheese graters a coat. Once that was dry, I taped off the handles with painters tape, and then sprayed all the cheese graters with Krylons Pumpkin Orange. When the orange spray paint is dry, you can start to sand them up a little!



Peel off the painters tape from the handles carefully, and then take your sand paper square and start to go over all the edges and grooves. This part is totally up to you - if you want a heavily distressed look or not. When you are done sanding, all that is left is to cut three strips of fabric to tie on the handles for your "leaves". Then, DONE!



Find a good spot for them, then place the glass votives inside, and enjoy the pretty glow! I just love mine, and have gotten several compliments on how different they are.



I think I answered all the questions, but if you have any more don't hesitate to email me! And I would love to see pictures of yours if you try them.

Photobucket


Linking Up Here:

Monday:
 
Skip To My Lou
UndertheTableandDreaming






Tuesday:




 
Sugar Bee Crafts
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia






Today's Creative Blog
blah2beautiful





Wednesday:





 

Organize and Decorate Everything






 





Thursday:
52 Mantels

shabby creek cottage


A Crafty Soiree Photobucket
 
Friday:
 






Tickled Pink at 504 Main


One Artsy Mama

Photobucket The Shabby Nest

Liz Marie Blog

five days five ways | feature friday free for all




 

http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

Saturday:






Positively Splendid




Sunday
UndertheTableandDreaming
I Heart Nap Time

 
The Girl Creative

Monthly:
TDC Before and After
Pin It

No comments: