Monday, October 15, 2012

DIY Halloween Decor

Pin It I think I saw these a while back on Martha Stewart, and I just fell in love with them. So I made some. It takes very few supplies, and there's not much to it, so even beginner crafters would find this project easy! I really love to decorate for Halloween, but I mostly enjoy using black and white decor rather than having too much orange, green, or purple in there. So these fit in perfectly with my scheme!

 
How cute are these?! I just love the old haunted feeling that the cursive background and crow brings. I don't have any pictures of how I put these together, since I made them B.B. {Before Blogging}, but I will talk you through it, and I promise it will be just fine.

 
I gathered four frames from the dollar store, two larger, and two smaller. I found some crow silhouettes, scrap book paper, and the RIP at Hobby Lobby. I wrote out Eek on some black construction paper and then cut it out.
 
Next you will cut your scrap book paper to fit inside your frames. I used double sided tape to stick the crow silhouettes and the Eeek on the paper. The RIP already had little stickies on the back. And that's it for the inside of the frames!
 
The last thing, is to attach the ribbon to both of the frames. I bought some thick black ribbon, and cut each strip the same length, so that the frames would hang the same. Then I took my hot glue gun and glued each end of ribbon to the bottom of the larger frame, and the top of the smaller frame.
 
Doneskies!
 
What are your favorite colors to decorate Halloween in? Do you like more cutsie decorations, or more "haunting" ones?
 
Photobucket


Linking Up Here:


Monday:
 
Skip To My Lou
UndertheTableandDreaming






Tuesday:




 
Sugar Bee Crafts
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia






Today's Creative Blog
blah2beautiful





Wednesday:





 

Organize and Decorate Everything






 





Thursday:
52 Mantels

shabby creek cottage


A Crafty Soiree Photobucket
 
Friday:
 






Tickled Pink at 504 Main


One Artsy Mama

Photobucket The Shabby Nest

Liz Marie Blog

five days five ways | feature friday free for all




 

http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

Fox Hollow Cottage
Saturday:






Positively Splendid




Sunday
UndertheTableandDreaming
I Heart Nap Time

 
The Girl Creative

Monthly:
TDC Before and After
Pin It

2 comments:

Crystelle Boutique said...

I love it! It's so sweet and simple....
and scary......!!!!

Happy Halloween!
Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com

Holly said...

I love the RIP with the crow!
Dropping by from the Live Laugh Rowe blog hop. :)