Monday, October 8, 2012

Halloween {Mantle}

Pin It Halloween is Nigh! I just really love this time of year. The weather is changing and it is the official start of the holiday season. And since I am in a house this year, I was super excited to finally get to do some outdoor and Mantle decorations. Except this house doesn't have a fireplace, so I had to build my own mantle. Which is totally OK with me! Here is what I did with the first Halloween Mantle I have ever decorated:

 
What do you think?! I really had so much fun decorating this mantle. I took all my fall decorations down, except the antique window frame. I added the two scrap book paper pages in each corner of the window, and then used some black cheese cloth that I got at the Dollar Tree, to drape behind it.

 
I already had this chandelier candelabra, and I decided to add it to give the mantle a haunted mansion type feel. The crows are all also from the Dollar Tree, except the bigger one with it's wings spread. That one was a tad more expensive, and it came from Michaels.

 
I bought these white pumpkins in a bag of mixed pumpkins from Tom Thumb (also Randalls) and just wrote on them with black sharpie. You can probably tell that I did not use a stencil or anything since my letters aren't all uniform. Meh. When I make things for myself for the house, I'm a little more lax about it being perfect. It's only when I'm making the things that I sell that I make sure every little thing is in the perfect place. But just for myself... I'm a little lazy.

 
Can you tell that I love that chandelier just a little?

 
I made this little frame last year, and it is so simple. I bought the frame at the Dollar Tree and sprayed it white. Then I cut a small piece of burlap, and used a rubber stamp that I found at Hobby Lobby. I dipped it in paint, and then stamped it on the burlap. Done and Done.
And I really love the little pop of orange that the antique book brings. At first I just wanted to stick with black and white and neutrals, but I tried it out to see how I would like it, and it just worked.

 
For the "Crows Tree", I used a vase I had from the Dollar Tree (no, I am not advertising for them, I just shop there A LOT), and filled it with some Spanish moss. Then I added those three branches that I gathered from around our neighborhood.
 
And that's it! What do you think of it? Is this your first year decorating a Halloween Mantle, or have you done several?
 
Photobucket

Linking Up Here:

Halloween Mantels
Monday:
 
Skip To My Lou
UndertheTableandDreaming






Tuesday:




 
Sugar Bee Crafts
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia






Today's Creative Blog
blah2beautiful





Wednesday:





 

Organize and Decorate Everything






 





Thursday:
52 Mantels

shabby creek cottage


A Crafty Soiree Photobucket
 
Friday:
 






Tickled Pink at 504 Main


One Artsy Mama

Photobucket The Shabby Nest

Liz Marie Blog

five days five ways | feature friday free for all




 

http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

Fox Hollow Cottage
Saturday:






Positively Splendid




Sunday
UndertheTableandDreaming
I Heart Nap Time

 
The Girl Creative

Monthly:
TDC Before and After
Pin It

5 comments:

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Your first "mantel" looks great! I like what you did with your window. Have a spooktacular Halloween!

Shannon Fox said...

Looks wonderful! Love the old window and the candelabra with the crows. Perfect :)

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife said...

Your mantel looks great! I love the crows and your candelabra! Very spooky and festive!
Jo-Anna

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Your mantel turned out so well. Love the pumpkins and the candelabra. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Craftionary. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Bliss said...

Stopping in to pin your mantel, I love it!

Bliss