Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Thanksgiving Mantle

Pin It
Hey Ya'll! I know I've been slacking on putting up new posts lately. But, I hope you enjoyed the taco cups recipe, and the tutorial on how to make your own lost socks sign!

Today I wanted to share my Thanksgiving mantle with you, and a few inexpensive and last minute crafts you can do to spruce up your mantle for the holiday.

 
Whatchya think?! I love LOVE that yellow fabric, and the little mason jars turned out so cute. I filled the brown wire urn with some vase filler and some mini corn that I found at my grocery store. You may remember it from my fall mantle. I also kept the antique cheese graters and little gourds up there as well. 


Tehe. I really don't know what it is about that yellow fabric that I like so much, but it is just ca-ute! I had a bunch of that fabric left over from my Fall Wreath where I made some rosettes out of it. And don't we all love antique window frames? Swoon.


This little banner was super simple to make. I just cut out some triangles, printed out GIVE in the font that I wanted, and then was able to put the paper under the fabric and trace over the letter with a paint pen.Worked like a charm. Then I cut some twine and hot glued the triangles to the twine. The whole thing took me about 15 minutes. Perfect decoration to throw up there for last minute decor.

 
 When I saw these bottles at Tater Tots and Jello, I thought they were awesome, so I wanted to make my own version. Enter spray painted mason jars. I already had a bunch of mason jars handy, as well as some Krylons Ivory spray paint, and the stickers I needed. You know a craft is meant to be when you happen to have ALL the supplies on hand to make it.


So I just put the stickers on the jars, gave them a very light coat of spray paint since I wanted them to look a little worn and faded, and then peeled the stickers off when they were dry! Easy peasy! And since I wanted them to look even more worn, I got out a very fine grit sand paper and gave them a little light rub all over. Done!


And that's my Thanksgiving Mantle. See what I mean? Done and done. The banner and jars cost me nothing since I had all the supplies on hand, and everything else on the mantle was already there from my previous fall mantle. So this mantle cost me a whopping 0 dollars to make!

So look around your house, dig through your craft stash, and see what you can put together. You will probably surprise yourself, and your guests will have something pretty to look at while they're chowing down on turkey. Yay!

What are YOUR Thanksgiving plans? Have you decorated for it, or do you put up Christmas decorations instead?

Photobucket

Linking Up Here:


Monday:
 
Skip To My Lou
UndertheTableandDreaming






Tuesday:




 
Sugar Bee Crafts
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia






Today's Creative Blog
blah2beautiful





Wednesday:





 

Organize and Decorate Everything






 





Thursday:
52 Mantels

shabby creek cottage


A Crafty Soiree Photobucket
 
Friday:
 






Tickled Pink at 504 Main


One Artsy Mama

Photobucket The Shabby Nest

Liz Marie Blog

five days five ways | feature friday free for all




 

http://www.thegrantlife.com/search/label/financial%20friday

Fox Hollow Cottage
Saturday:






Positively Splendid




Sunday
UndertheTableandDreaming
I Heart Nap Time

 
The Girl Creative

Monthly:
TDC Before and After
Pin It

9 comments:

Chelsea @ Making Home Base said...

Hi Katie! Love your mantle! Especially loving the painting mason jars and the vintage graters. Pinned. And I'm now your newest follower. Have a great week :)

Unknown said...

Your mantle is so lovely! Saw you link up on some link parties. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop and added it to your list www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

Hi Katie. Stopping by from Sugar Bees. I too just love that material! Im your newest follower.

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

So very cute. I found you over at sugar bee, loved your towel and I adore this. Simple but pretty

Nicole said...

Okay, this is too cute for words. Awesome job! Found you via Liz Marie and I'm your newest follower. :) Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday!
anotherwomack.blogspot.com

Hani said...

Love your mantle. So lovely. Thanks for linking up! :)

The CSI Girl said...

Love the whole thing! Love the simplicity of it! Next week on The CSI Project is the Thansgiving crafts, Food and Gratitude challenge. Come link this up and you may WIN!
Www.thecsiproject.com
Link up begins Wednesday. Tutorials Monday-Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

This is very cute. You could even modify it slightly and use votive candle holders.

Maysem said...

LOVE your mantle!! Pinning it. Thanks for the inspiration!!